Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In Front of the Curtain with Cecil

Mike Finley has recently had a vision.

The thing that makes me chuckle is most people get visions from God,Angels or Drugs......

But Finley's main insiprations typically come from his own mind.

He's never told me this, but I think the thing he values most is ideas that make him smirk.

Recently Mike has been using social media to pimp an idea of his call "LIEF".

Lief is going to be an online magazine that (and in the following description is my own and not his) will be embraced by the weak, weary, socially retarded and unloved.

So yes.....basically it will be a platform for poets and writers.

Mike confessed to me that recently he's been thinking how blessed he has been by the many writers that have shown his kindness and encouragement of the years, and now he wants to be in a position to give back.

"Yeah, I don't even know if I'll even submit anything to my own publication" he says....

"In fact, I'll just kinda be like Cecil B. Demille during the 10 Commandments. Remember how he just smiles and looks important smooshing his hands together, while wearing that tuxedo and standing in front of that inpressive curtain. However..(Finley laughs) my fear is that I'll look more like Daddy Warbucks.

But I really would like to assist serious, up and coming writings with technique and a platform."

I've seen some of the prototypes on Mike Finley's Facebook page, and I gotta tell ya, I think this should be a solid concept.

If you get a chance, why not submit something.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like to correct stuff, but I think there is a word missing in this sentence:

    Lief is going to be an online magazine that (and in the following description is my own and not his) will be embraced by the weak, weary, socially retarded and unloved.

    The word is NOT!

    ReplyDelete