Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What the World Needs Now.......

What the world needs now is another poetry blog, like I need a hole in the head.

I realize that, but yet for whatever reason, like most poets....I believe my thoughts should be indulged because I am the exception (LOL).

Originally I wanted to write a poetry tribute book about my writing mentor Mike Finley, in the same fashion that Lou Reed and John Cale comprised the "Songs For Drella" album to celebrate the life of the man that launched them, Andy Warhol.

Ideas raced through my mind for the longest time, and on more than 25 occasions, I sat down to pen them, but each time....I had nothing, I simply couldn't flip my thoughts onto paper.

After a little contemplation, I did gain some clarity.

When Nero had Saint Peter crucified, it was reported that Peter requested to be crucified upside down, he felt he wasn't worthy of being sacrificed in the same fashion as Christ.

Well....if you live in the Twin Cities, and have done your homework....you know Mike Finley is the best poet our city has offered up in ages.

As his prize pupil, I will pay homage to him in the mediums I know best.....STORIES & GOSSIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment